Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The inside story of North Korean prison camps

Me talking with Mr. Jung about his experience
as a prisoner in a North Korean camp.

Back in July I received an e-mail from an old coworker, Dave McGuire, who at that time was working for Radio Netherlands. He was looking to do a story on North Korean prison camps and was wondering if I could help out. Of course, I said yes!

Five months and quite a bit of searching later, the show aired. You can listen to the interviews we did with a former prisoner and a former guard at a North Korean prison camp here.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out and feel like it gives listeners a rare glimpse into what have been called modern concentration camps. I hope that before we leave here we can use our experience in journalism to tell more stories of North Koreans now living in the South, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I listened to the interviews this weekend and I didn't know you were involved-excellent work!

    ReplyDelete