Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bibimbap

A bowl of homemade bibimbap.

This week I made bibimbap for the first time. I never realized how much work went into the ubiquitous dish! The version I cooked involved rice, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, fern brake, bean sprouts, beef and eggs ... not to mention various oils and seasonings. Each ingredient is cooked individually and using varying methods, quite a task in our tiny, two-burner kitchen. I used every bowl and piece of tupperware in the house just to keep the ingredients separate before serving them at dinner.

Mike was happy to report that the fruit of my efforts was "just like Mom makes," so I imagine we'll be eating bibimbap at home a lot more in the future.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see you're continuing to master the arts... I'll be anxious to see Mike's skills on the 'barby'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. We don't have a dishwasher, so it's lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete